Monday, February 25, 2008

I had a thought today.  I'm sure its not insightful to any extent, or that everyones had this thought and I'm just late to the race.  :0)

Have you ever had to work with or around the elderly?  ;0)  Don't they seem, when memory serves them right, always know what song is playing on the oldies' station!?  Well the people who I work with are a decade to 4 decades older then me.  So oldies to early '80 is usually playing.  (Besides at my desk.)  Whenever I hear people singing or humming along to a song, I try to take an interest.  I usually ask who it is and start some dialogue.   It sounds weirder than I make it out to be?

Can you imagine what the music will sound like 30 - 40 years from now?  Will we here a Jay-z song, and have to explain to our kids who he was?  Is an America Idol, the next Elvis Presley?  (Just using that as an example, I only when Simon's being an ass or just hating one some one.  Someone needs to help those kids move on.  Some people sing for a living, some people don't.  Off on a tangent...)  

What oldies would I want my kids to listen to?  Not that I'm thinking about having kids.  Who are my "Beetles"?  Who is our Frank Sinatra?  Something to think about.

No comments: