Friday, February 22, 2008

I love my job. It's not something I want to be doing for the rest of
my life, but its something I really enjoy doing at the moment. I case
I haven't told you, or you just for got, I'm a receptionist.

I was ready for the weekend today, and it couldn't come any faster. I
was just ready to be home. Put some damn Levi's on. Scrubs get old
fast in my book. I think its the fact that guy scrubs are always
solid colors. There isn't any masculine prints. Kinda' a weird thing
to gripe about, but it was something I let get to me today.

That's not really the reason why I didn't like work today though. I
just felt the Man, lurking and poking his head around the corner. I'm
trying to get this transfer from one office to another, which would
include a pay increase. They haven't made a decision yet; the Man and
the nay-sayers. I'm just stressed about feeling like everything thing
I do is being scrutinized under a microscope. I can tell that its
affecting my work, because I feel like I have to defend everything I do.

But the weekends here, and it worked hard for it, Son. I gonna have
some fun.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

are you guys allowed to wear any scrubs you want? cuz i've seen some masculine-ish prints that you might think are cool. you should just make some.